My favorite book, by a wide margin, was An Imperial Affliction, but i didn’t like to tell people about it. Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evaengelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. An then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can’t tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.
I wasn’t even that the book was so good or anything; it was just that the author, Peter Van Houten, seemed to understand me in weird and impossible ways. An Imperial Affliction was my book. In the way my body was my body ad my thoughts were my thoughts.
Di awal buku The Fault in Our Stars, Augustus sempat bertanya apa buku favorit Hazel. What caught me was her deep thought that she goes back and forth ’till she decided to tell Augustus her favorite book. What amazed me more (and) that insist me to think hard was the last line that i’ve underlined just above. I keep asking myself and visit back my memory of books i’ve read, what was my book? Or is it that i haven’t found it yet that the question turn to be what will be my book? I wish i’d found it, at least one.
Mau gabung ikutan meme Scene On Three? Gini nih caranya :
- Tuliskan suatu adegan atau deskripsi pemandangan/manusia/situasi/kota dan sebagainya ke dalam suatu post.
- Jelaskan mengapa adegan atau deskripsi itu menarik, menurut versi kalian masing-masing.
- Jangan lupa cantumkan button Scene on Three di dalam post dengan link menuju blog Bacaan B.Zee.
- Masukkan link post kalian ke link tools yang ada di bawah post Bacaan B.Zee, sekalian saling mengunjungi sesama peserta Scene on Three.
- Meme ini diadakan setiap tanggal yang mengandung angka tiga, sesuai dengan ketersediaan tanggal di bulan tersebut (tanggal 3, 13, 23, 30, dan 31).