So, we are half through 2013. Luckily, i beat 66% out of 100% for my GR Reading Challenge. Yeay for me (>,<)y This month, i’ve read 13 books and reviewed 6 of them. Well, in fact, i have 7 review posts (E & P that i read last month, included). Here they are:
- Faking It – Cora Carmack (Goodreads). My first New Adult genre was Losing It, by the same author. This book is the sequel. If Losing It tells us about Bliss & Garrick, here we’ll enjoy the love story between Cade (One of Bliss’s Bestfriend) and Max.
- Between Shades of Gray – Ruta Sepetys (Goodreads). Yes, maybe the title sounds like FSoG but it was totally different story. This book is a historical fiction. Set on 2nd World War, its about Lina, a Lithunian girl that always seek a way to give message to her father and at the same time experiencing being an exile and facing a long crisis and pain. Its a tear jerker at the end of the book, for me. I’ll re-read and plan to review it soon because i love this book.
- Divergent – Veronica Roth (Goodreads). Another dystopia, just like The Hunger Games, the idea was similar. But i like Tris better than Katniss. See my review.
- Attachments – Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads). I love it just like i love Eleanor & Park. And Lincoln, made my book-boyfriend list. See my review.
- Wonderful Radio – Lee Jae Ik (Goodreads). Another tear jerker, just like the movie adaptation. But somehow, i like the movie better. See my review.
- The Summer I Became a Nerd – Leah Rae Miller (Goodreads). What makes me take a glimpse to this novel was the word ‘nerd’ on the title but i end up not liking it. Maybe i’m not enough geek and i’m not into games and sci-fi things.
- Wanderlove – Kirsten Hubbard (Goodreads). This book saved me when i was out of nowhere for a week. Its boring being there and i just brought 3 books with me, which means its not enough. Lucky i have this ebook stacked on my cell phone. I’ll re-read it to review it, maybe soon.
- Are you mine? – N.K Smith (Goodreads). Its unexpectedly good to read. See my review.
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas – John Boyne (Goodreads). After reading Between Shades of Gray that sets on 2nd World War, i found out this title. Though i’ve watched the movie adaptation long ago, it cleared my memory about the holocaust-related moie adaptation. See my review.
- Comedy in a Minor Key – Hans Keilson (Goodreads). Still holocaust related and it was a satire. See my review.
- Doa untuk Anak Cucu – W.S Rendra (Goodreads). I love Rendra’s poems, they’re energetic. I’ll review it, soon.
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes (Goodreads). I heart this book, though its kinda tear-jerker *if your emotion flow within Will & Lou story*. I’ll definitely review it soon.
- Hujan Bulan Juni – Sapardi Djoko Damono (Goodreads). I read this book because i join some challenge related to Sapardi Djoko Damono’s poems. Wanna hear my recitation of some SDD’s poems? check my Soundcloud, here.
Okay, thats a wrap? How about your reading activities last month?🙂